Monday, September 23, 2013

Which one is better, Diigo or Scoop.it?


I am happy to learn about two valuable tools, Diigo and Scoop.it! They can be used not only in my daily ife, but also in my teaching. These two have similarities and differences.


In terms of similarities, both of them allow me to follow others or be followed by others so that I can make a group with other people. They are quite "social" and let me share a lot of information related to the topic. In addition, they have the function of multiple tags, which we can categorize each site according to the topic and helps me find the aricles more easily.



However, they also have different features. Diigo has a fabulous function which is called "highlight". When I want to keep certain paragraphs of documents, I can just highlight them with a different colors and even write notes about them. They can be stored in "My Library". As a teacher, "My Library" is very beneficial for collecting and researching materials. It can definitely help students,too. On the other hand, Scoop,it has another fantastic feature. Most of all, it is visually attractive. It can also allow me to post comments on my site as well as others's sites By doing so, I can actively share information with others. Lastly, Scoop.it provides the function of "suggestions" related to the topic, which is absolutely valuable. 

I really like those two tools and want to continue to use both of them in the future, but if I had to choose one, it would be Diiigo because of "My Library" function. It is easy to use and  I can use it well. Yet, since Scoop.it has  fascinating features, I hope I can have one that has the advantages of both.

1 comment:

  1. Since web tools continually get better, perhaps in the future each of these sites will adopt some of the good features of the other.

    ReplyDelete