Sunday, November 17, 2013

Are you ready to start the adventure in learning?

When I was young, I had a friend who lived in the U.S. I wrote a letter before I went to bed and sent it to her. She answered my letter a few days later. Even though we had never met before, we communicated through letters. I remember asking the expressions that I want to know to my teacher. My friend liked them. She was my pen pal.


Now, I can make a thousands of friends online. It is ePaLs that I am going to talk about. ePaLs is a web-based tool that K-12 students can use both in the classroom and at home. Not only that, children can read stories and play games on the web.One thing that I really like about it is that not only teachers and students but also parents can use this tool.

For teachers, Toolsforschool can be very useful. A lot of teaching resources are given so that teachers can choose what they want to employ in the classroom.Teachers can select grade, price, and language. Global Community is also beneficial for both teachers and students. It is a free community that enables teachers and students to experience collaborative, project-based learning. Users can choose region, the number of students, and a type of collaboration. I really want to use this tool because students can experience authentic collaborative learning. If students work together with friends who use a target language, it will be motivating them.

Cobblestone & Cricket are tools that students use for reading. Users can read printed books or have digital ones. The tools encourage students to read literature, which leads to learning.

ePaLs is really worth trying and I want to experience with my studetns. I love the espression on the first page of the site. "Your passport to learning adventures!"  I am ready to start!



1 comment:

  1. I'm sure that your future students will enjoy their "passports to learning"!

    ReplyDelete