Monday, October 7, 2013

Twitter is a MUST for teachers.

I was not very tech-savvy before, so I did not use Twitter. However, I totally changed my thought. I have to use Twitter not only for my own professional development but also for teaching.Why? To make a long story short, it has too many advantages to be ignored. Then, how can I use Twitter?


For my professional development, the most beneficial thing is to exchange and share different ideas from different teachers in real time. As mentioned in Using Twitter for Teachers' Professional Development, Hashtags are a great way for engaging in professional conversaions. For example, I can sometimes face unexpected circumstances in the classroom. In these cases, I can get a lot of valuable advice from more experienced teachers. Of course, I can help other teachers, too. Also, I can grip teaching trends by communicationg with others, which allows me to get rid of old methods or materials or to try new activities in the classroom. I am convinced that the interaction will absolutely make me a better teacher!

As a teacher, I can use Twitter in many different ways. I could find some in A Must Have Guide on Using Twitter in your Classroom. I can use it as a bulletin board so that students know latest news and announcement. Also I can give or take instant feedback in the classroom as well as communicate with parents. Using Twitter helps teaching and learning more convenient in comparison to the condition of classroom in the past.


Using Twitter in the classroom will be another opportunity for me to interact with students. I cannot wait to use it. I believe that it will be useful to both me and students. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope that Twitter proves to be a good teaching tool for you. I love the image of the student and teacher inside tweets!

    ReplyDelete